Thread: Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Favorite Final Fantasy [Intellectual Version]
    Which FF had your Favorite Music?
    Stalemate between VII & VIII. VII had great music which grows on you as you play the game over and over. The world map music post-meteor is one of my favorite game tracks of all time. VIII also had beautiful music. It was more creative and mature (not unlike everything about VIII), and had softer, more complex notes and rhythms, but I thoroughly enjoyed the tones and moods it set as I travelled the world. I neve found myself annoyed by it, wanting to turn music on, or the volume down.

Which FF had your Favorite Characters Overall? VI, without a doubt. The cast was huge, the characters were amazing and they all had beautiful story arcs that intertwined perfectly. I cell in love with this group of heroes and became more invested in them than any FF game. VII had good characters too, but they were not exceptional, not even close.

Which FF had your Favorite Character, and who is it? VII, Cid Highwind. There's no intellectual way to break this down, he was the badass character I was wanting from the time I played my first FF. no, he's not deep, beautiful, and doesn't have a profound storyline, but I related to him more than anyone in VII, and he made me laugh, very hard, consistently.

Which FF had your Favorite Battle System? Tactics! Turn based Group warfare with tons of monsters and jobs. This game took the crude, basic idea V started and made it something more complex, advanced and rewarding. Admittedly I destroyed that game, and no longer play because it's not fun anymore.

Which FF had your Favorite Villain, and who is it? Not a huge fan of FF villains. Won't say Sephiroth on principle (not a very good character, by any standard). Kefka is the worst excuse for a "villain" ever. Anyone can poison a river, use the power of ancient gods to fail at "destroying" the world, or kill an old man when his guard's down. Cowardly, annoying fool who isn't worthy of your fear or respect, that was his purpose, yet kids still look at him like he's a monster, failing to get it completely. Like... He looks like a clown for a reason, and it's not because it's badass.

Which FF had your Favorite Storyline? VII. Beautiful, engrossing, powerful storyline that is so important to our own world. The message of destroying our planet in order to live a little better was moving for me back in '97, and still is today. VII is ALL about the story. The game system was crude and SNES'ish, and the graphics were rotten at the best of times. It stands on story alone for me, because it's one of the best stories ever written for a game.
    Which FF had your Favorite Ending? VII. When Midgar was destroyed, I changed as a human being. When Red and his kids look out over the ruins of Midgar, it's a beautiful, redeeming moment that was so glorious and profound it brings tears to my eyes every time (the only time it can make me cry).
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 10-27-2014 at 08:21 PM.